New around here ? Start With the Basics
What is Max Grow ?
The cutting edge electronics ensemble generates up to two million pulses per second in a constantly altering transmission bandwidth, enabling MAX GROW to dissolve all the ions of the metallic salts, particularly the ions of calcium, carbonate, nitrate and sodium, altering their given by nature, electrochemical charge.
A 4-inch Max Grow unit installed indoors in an electrical housing with
autonomous power supply plug for extra protection and safety
A 5-inch Max Grow unit installed in a peach canning industry ( PRODROMOS PAVLIDES S.A. ) protecting the hot water compartments of the machinery where peaches are boiled and peeled
Two 3-inch Max Grow units ( Generation 4 ) installed in a public water tank supply in Municipality of Kiato, Attiki, Greece. The external housing is made upon request of the customer for protection against weather conditions and theft. The devices are equipped with digital screen which indicates every second the power of the signal transmitted from each side – channel.
( additional feature provided upon customer’s request on Generation III & 4 Max Grow systems )
MAX GROW is smart, simple and effective
Installing “MAX GROW” does not require cutting water pipes or engineering skills. It can be installed by an unskilled person, as it is attached with high quality clamps which are placed on the pipe, wrapping the wires left and right -the antennas for the radio wave transmission- of the device using electrical adhesive tape. The device can also be mounted on a base or a wall close to the pipe. Since no alteration of the piping is required water pressure and water flow remain the same as before.
The electronic water treatment MAX GROW runs either on electricity 220Volts or using a rechargeable battery of 24 volts. The cost of power consumption is insignificant. The device is available from 1 inch pipe up to 12 inches, depending on the external size of the pipe. The system can be installed in iron, plastic or copper pipes. However, the use of copper pipe where the antennas – cable coils are placed is recommended due to the fact that copper has the lowest electrical resistance compared to other materials, enabling the energy from the radio waves transmitted, to pass through the pipe with the minimal possible losses.
Water quantity, water flow and speed are totally insignificant in relation to the selection of the type of the unit. MAX GROW does not require filters or any form of servicing. The device does not have any interchangeable parts and is accompanied with a five-year written warranty.
Because of its’ extremely low power consumption, a photovoltaic system can supply the energy required for MAX GROW to operate, if there is no alternative power supply nearby. The internal electronics of the device receive a protective process during production assembly for protection against extreme weather conditions as well as water ingress and can withstand temperatures from – 45 degrees Celcius to + 65 degrees.
MAX GROW can fully perform under heavy rain or even snow. All units from 2” up to 6” carry an IP65, one of the highest levels of water ingress protection for electronics. 1” units carry an IP57 protection level.
Basic principles of the innovative technology applied in Max Grow
MAX GROW system’s powerful advanced electronics transmit radio waves to both left and right side in different frequencies at the same time and in up to 30 meters distance to each side. Water is already being pre-processed and its ions are charged with energy before it reaches the spot where the device is installed. Charged ions from MAX GROW remain in this form for up to 72 hours, although we have to mention that as time passes the desirable charge of the ions starts to fade. In order to avoid this phenomenon our company strongly suggests that MAX GROW should not be installed before water tanks or any other place that water may remain standstill.
Max Grow assisting mother nature to perform at its best
Secondly salts are deposited on the soil, forming circular white marks around the plants’ routes. This phenomenon leads to soil hardening preventing water, nutrients and fertilizers to pass through it and reach the capillary vessels of the plant. Furthermore, soil hardening, decreases the level of evapotranspiration. Under these circumstances, if any amount of water reaches the plants routes, faces tremendous difficulty in reaching the semi-permeable films of the cells.
For many years now, the farming industry has been trying to overcome all these difficulties, caused by the existence of calcium carbonate and sodium in water. The most common, well-known and acceptable solution until now has been the use of chemicals, which are produced by big chemical companies, using hydrochloric acid as base. Hydrochloric acid is extremely harmful for any plant and for humans as well.
The technological innovation of MAX GROW is based on radio wave transmission and is very similar with the technology already used in medicine to treat kidney stones without surgery (lithotripsy). This particular technology does not have any relation with magnets, electromagnets, magnetic fields, or any other method that affects ions by changing their polarity using magnetism.
It is simply an extend and a practical application of the pulsed power and the stimulation of plant growth by electricity, which is being transported using radio waves in constantly altering frequencies. Research in scientific terms around these two topics has begun in 1910 and has grown into more specific and scientifically proved experiments throughout the years that have shown significant results in plant growth.
Some of these researches implemented by scientists and institutions are extremely narrowed and specified referring to the stimulation of the plant cell division, the effect of nanosecond pulsed electric field and the bioelectricity and its’ positive effects in plant growth. All of the above researches have been published in scientific magazines and on the internet and are accepted by the majority of the scientific community from electrical engineers to soil scientists.
Some of the publications that have commended regarding the positive attributes of electric stimulation applied in plants are the following
- Electrical stimulation and its effects on growth and ion accumulation in tomato plants
- D. Black, F. R. Forsyth, D. S. Fensom, R. B. Ross
Canadian Journal of Botany, 1971, 49(10): 1809-1815, 10.1139/b71-2
- Electricity may play role in plant growth
New York Times Published: April 9, 1985
- Electrophysiology of Woody Plants
Luis A. Gurovich, Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile
- Electrofusion and Electroporation of Plants
Sally L. Van Wert, James A. Saunders
SARL, Plant Sciences Institute, United States Department of Agriculture,
Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, November 20, 1991
- Electrofusion principles and applications.
Bates GW, Saunders JA, Sowers AE (1987In AE Sowers, ed, Cell Fusion. Plenum
Press, New York,
- Calcium: A Central Regulator of Plant Growth and Development
Peter K. Hepler, American Society of Plant Biologists, The Plant Cell,
August 2005 vol. 17 no. 8 2142-2155
- Plant protoplasts: status and biotechnological perspectives
Michael R. Daveya, Paul Anthonya, J. Brian Powera, Kenneth C. Loweb
Plant Sciences Division, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham,
Scientific Certifications & Awards
- Max Grow was awarded as one of the three most innovative technologies for agriculture in “Make Innovation Work” competition that was organized by the AMERICAN-HELLENIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (March 2012).
- Max Grow was awarded with the Athens Stock Exchange Bell by the ATHENS STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET in cooperation with the AMERICAN-HELLENIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE as the only already existing innovating product already in production, according to the participants of the First MIW COMPETITION (July 2013).
- Max Grow is highly recommended from the American Farm School of Thessaloniki after the implementation of various scientific researches on the School’s greenhouses.
- Max Grow is an Official partner of the global non-profit organization “Water for People and peace”
- The positive effects of “MAX GROW” have been demonstrated from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, department of Water and Ground Management, with a thesis that its results are reported below, where olive oil trees grew with extremely saline water (Ec 33.000 mS / cm).
- Furthermore, MAX GROW is already applied in numerous industrial installations ( food industries, hotels, public power supply companies and municipalities ).
What’s The Difference Between Annual & Monthly BillingThe advantages of using high salinity water for irrigation
Calcium is necessary for the proper functioning of the membranes acting as a second signal, activating or inhibiting the biosynthesis or the activity of enzymes, which regulate various growth processes and the general development of plants. The above indicate that salt is necessary. It is obvious that the optimization of agricultural production depends basically on soil moisture conditions.
The vast development of electronics in conjunction with state of the art radio-wave technology and its applications has led to the biggest innovation in the world for the agricultural industry. MAX GROW is an electronic device which dissolves totally all the calcium carbonate ions and all other non-dissolving minerals in water, enabling farmers to use salty water or water with high electrical conductivity ( Ec ).
The development of these deposits, especially in the soil interfere the plant’s growth and bind all the nutrient minerals which are essential for the plant’s health and growth. One of the biggest competitive advantages of MAX GROW electronic water treatment system is that it removes all the existing lime scale and salt deposits not only from the piping network but from the soil as well, thus decreasing radically the electrical conductivity of the soil. This phenomenon enables the increase of evapotranspiration of the soil allowing the plant to receive freely all the nutrient minerals required for its full growth.
MAX GROW through the energy provided from the multiple radio wave transmission stimulates the reproduction of the cells and increases its’ durability in diseases, enabling the plant to maximize its growth and achieving optimum excellent quality of the crop. It increases crop production to the maximum as intended by nature, minimizing the use of excessive watering.
Benefits of using Max Grow in agriculture
- Allows farmers to use saline water suitable for irrigation.
- Allows farmers to grow plants which have a high sensitivity and stress level to salinity.
- It removes all existing deposits of salt in the irrigation pipelines, extending the life-spam of the system.
- Dissolves the salt crust generated in the soil around the plant, decreasing the electrical conductivity of the earth by up to 90 %.
- Converts the hard ground to frothy, eliminating the problem of saline soils.
- It increases the degree of evapotranspiration.
- Removes waste from fertilizers and other elements that are bounded by the salts from previous irrigation and cultivation seasons.
- Succeeds in opening the mouth and rooting of capillary vessels.
- Prevents soil saturation.
- Prevents the creation of the slots on the ground forming air, especially in clay soils.
- Prevents excessive water use by up to 50 %.
- Prevents excessive use of fertilizers.
- Enhances the development of the plant to its’ maximum potential.
- Allows the retention and accumulation of salts in the soil, the salts are dissolved in size from 2 to 4 microns (a micron is a millimeter of a millimeter) in order to continue to progress in the subsoil without being bonded to other elements.
- Increases the degree of solubility of the fertilizer.
- Increases the fruiting of the crop to the maximum.
- Increases the quality of the crops.
- Prevents from the creation of algae and fungi, which require substrate of salt to grow.
- Removes old algae and fungi due to the decomposition of salts.
- Develops the plants much better than fresh drinkable water as saline water is extremely rich in nutrients.
- Increases the brix content and starch.
- Eliminates the problem of burnt edges on the leaves of the plant.
- Increases the preserving time of the fruits after cutting them.
- All crops become more appealing for the customer as they are bigger, with rich natural colors.
- It is highly recommended for bio-farming and the growth of biological products.
- It provides the ability to any type of plant to transform all salts into totally dissolved nutrients.
Crops where the Max Grow electronic water treatment system is being used and achieved an enormous growth rate with salinity water
Scientific & practical proof of the effectiveness of MAX GROW in agriculture
Electrical conductivity does not represent only the percentage of calcium carbonate or sodium in water and in soil, but it is an accurate indication of the level of all the metallic salts in general, such as magnesium, iron and many others which are essential for the growth and the development of the plants. Soil scientists and technologists – agronomists claim that water with high electrical conductivity is highly recommended for irrigation as it is very rich in nutrients, even compared to rain water which was considered until recently ideal for the plants but it does not contain any metallic salts at all.
The level of the electrical conductivity in water is subject to changes from time to time due to various factors. In summer time, when the requirement for water is higher and sea water penetrates into the aquifer, electrical conductivity increases as the level of salinity increases as well. Furthermore, the demand for water globally increases every year, having as a result the increase of the percentage of saline water. When saline water is used for irrigation and comes in contact with the soil and with the roots of the plants, the insoluble salts contained, accumulate into the soil, creating the phenomenon of saline soil.
The level of the salinity of the soil increases constantly. This fact occurs mainly due to the following two reasons. Firstly, insoluble metallic salts accumulate every time the plants are irrigated with saline water, adding up each time. Secondly, fertilizers are very rich in metallic salts which are highly nutritious for the plants, but it is impossible for the majority of the ions of the metallic salts contained in fertilizers to pass through saline soil and reach the roots. Instead they accumulate together with the metallic salts of the irrigation water. Moreover, fertilizers are not dissolved properly with saline water, having limited effectiveness and results.
All of the above are the most important factors that lead to the increase of the electrical conductivity of the soil. It is given that the electrical conductivity of the soil is usually 1.5 to 2.5 times higher in relation to the electrical conductivity of the water used for irrigation, e.g. when the price of ECw is 2.4 mS, the price of ECe will be from 3.6 up to 6.0 mS.
All these salt deposits in the soil are responsible for the formation of a white crust which is visible with bare eyes. When it is at that stage the damages that have occurred to the roots and crops are huge and sometimes irreversible, depending on the nature of the crops and their ability to withstand high saline levels.
Using treated water for irrigation from MAX GROW electronic water treatment system all these problems are solved within a very short time period. The treated water has ions which apart from being dissolved up to 2 microns, carry a much higher electric charge. This enables them to dissolve all the existing salts in the soil removing all the white crust and allowing the roots to absorb all the nutrients from water and fertilizers. In addition, fertilizers have a much greater effectiveness and dissolve at their maximum. Since all the salt accumulation of the soil is removed, the electrical conductivity of the soil will decrease. MAX GROW decreases high electrical conductivity of the soil gradually by up to 90 %. Every time, crops are irrigated with treated water, ECe decreases.
Normally at least five to six times of watering is required in order to have significant results and a decrease in the ECe measurements. Practically, anyone will observe that the white crust disappears gradually, as the soil becomes softer and “fluffy”. Decomposition of salts leads to achieving rapid leaching of soil, thus reducing drastically the electrical conductivity of the ground, making the ground frothy.
MAX GROW does not decrease the level of electrical conductivity of the water as it does not add or withhold anything from its initial substance. Unfortunately, the incorrect opinion which supports that the only effective method, is to decrease the level of the electrical conductivity of water, in order to use it for agricultural purposes, is considered by many, the only viable solution. This equals with removing a very big percentage of metallic salts from water that are essential nutrients and are offered as a precious gift from nature itself.
The above chart indicates the percentage of growth of some crops as the level of soil salinity increases. Some crops are unable to tolerate high electrical conductivity levels in the soil, having zero yield potential, equaling to zero agriculture productivity.